Arduino Nano 33 BLE : External power indication led

Projecten die niet passen in bovenstaande onderwerpen

Arduino Nano 33 BLE : External power indication led

Berichtdoor marcnh33 » 21 Sep 2021, 13:07

Hello,

I have made a headtracker with the Arduino Nano 33 BLE. It is build in a case. So, my 'issue' is that i cannot see if the Arduino is powered ON.

I like to have an external led that indicates that the board is ON.

There are 2 options for connecting this led i think, on the 5v or the 3.3v output.

I have read that on the underside of the board i have to bridge 2 pads to get the 5v output.

So, maybe it is more easy to use the 3.3v output for the external led, but.... will the led be connected directly to the 3.3v output or do i need a resistor (if yes, wich value??)

Ofcourse i can take the input voltage of the arduino to power on the led but.... if the board doesn't work the led wil be ON when the board itself is OFF

Maybe someone can give me some advice about this 'issue'

Tnx
Marc

Advertisement

Re: Arduino Nano 33 BLE : External power indication led

Berichtdoor shooter » 22 Sep 2021, 09:35

Marc on the nano there is a power led present, so you can take that one of and make wires connected to your external led, so no need for resistor here.
you can also use the pin 13 as there is a built in led present, working all on 3.3 Volt. and yes a resistor should be used . best option as you can let the led blink on the outside.
on 3.3 Volt the resistance is 330 ohm same for 5 Volt however it is before processor
you can find the rest in https://store.arduino.cc/products/arduino-nano-33-ble-with-headers
paul deelen
shooter@home.nl

Terug naar Overige projecten